Orphan Sunday

It's Orphan Sunday today and I wanted to share a little on something I looked into a while back.

There are approximately 32 provinces in China.
Malia & Ava lived in an orphanage in the Guangdong Province.
In the Guangdong Province alone, there are about 58 known orphanages.

I can't even tell you how shocked I was when I saw this map (pictured below) and realized the staggering number of orphanages and orphans, in just one province of China. Never mind the rest of the world.

We've seen our Ava's orphanage, but never got the chance to see Malia's, hopefully one day we will be able to go back for Heritage tour and show the girls a little of China. We've been called out to and touched and held onto (through the windows of those little baby rooms) by those sweet little orphans. We'll never forget the look on each of their little faces or how some sit in their cribs swaying from side to side - rocking themselves. We say a special prayer for them every single night, that they will each get a family that will love them, with all their hearts.

Because of this experience, we have a greater appreciation of the Lord's compassion and love for the orphan. We are so blessed with everything that we have!




1 comment:

the meaklims said...

Now THAT is the strangest thing ever!! I came here through black and white wednesday and scrolled down through your blog, then noticed we blogged the exact same map on Orphan Sunday!