Gotcha Day December 21, 2005



Happy One Year Anniversary!
Gotcha Day!

December 21, 2004 was the best day of my entire life- the day I became a Mommy- the day our beautiful Malia Yen joined our family! She has changed so much since that day. The 9 month old, 15 pound baby with four teeth who love to hold the hand of an adult has grown into a beautiful 25 pound little girl with a smile full of teeth who walks, runs, dances, sings, counts, and puts on her own shoes. She is growing up so fast, but she is still by sweet baby girl. She is more snuggly than ever and holds on tight to me with all four limbs until she falls into a deep sleep- and sometimes even then, she'll tighten her grasp if I try to move. Mornings are still my favorite, though- waking up to her sweet smile, soft kisses, and "Good morning" whispers... And there is still nothing better than hearing her call me Mommy or receiving unsolicited Malia Yen kisses and "I love you's" and "oh my's" . It's no wonder my heart is so full. I know how lucky I am to have her as my daughter, and I wouldn't trade that for the world. I get to witness all of her firsts and every new discovery; she is such a child of wonder and is amazed by just about everything. I love spending all of my time with her, and I actually miss her when she is asleep. Yes, my daughter has changed in the past year- but I have changed too. (I think my heart has doubled in size. ) Alan and I are so grateful, and we thank God every day for blessing us with our loving daughter- everything about her is a miracle to us. Happy one year anniversary, Malia Yen! We love you so dearly~

No comments: